Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankfulness

God has been challenging me lately.  I know, story of the life of every Christian, right?  But how appropriate that it be this month.  God has brought to my attention that sometimes I have the tendency to let other's attitudes and words shape how I feel, think and act, which sometimes allows negativity in.  No matter the difficult circumstance, no matter what my life says, and no matter who says what, He has called us to be thankful, and not complain.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" -1 Thess 5:18

Let's get real, God is so good, and he has blessed me immensely beyond what I can fully describe to you.  In fact, when I think about it I am overwhelmed by His goodness, grace and mercy.  There is so much to be thankful for.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. -James 1:17

#1  Jesus and His love.  Without Him, I would not be where I am today, and without Him, my life would be in shambles.  It's because of Him that I have been made new and that I can rest in the comfort of knowing where I will spend eternity.

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace,expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do"  -Ephesians 2:4-10

#2  My family.  Even though there are some of the most ridiculous people I know and they drive me crazy, I love them all to pieces and they have made me who I am today.

#3  My new church and my pastors.  I have never quite felt as at home at a church as I do than at Fellowship.  Plus, the pastors are fantastic and are the voice of wisdom and guidance when needed the most.  God knew how much I would need them in my life.

#4  My coworkers, bosses and my job.  Even though I get frustrated, don't feel like I belong and don't feel like I was made for my choice in career...I couldn't have ended up in a better clinical setting than at KAH.  I am thankful that I ended up where I am now because it's the perfect place to learn alongside some great teachers.

#5  Friendships that have endured the test of time, that don't require us talking every day to stay alive and those that can be picked up where we left off even after months of not talking.  I treasure all of you.

#6  New friendships that God has blessed me with in the last year.  Proof that you don't need to be friends forever to be best friends.  I treasure you all as well.

#7  Sunsets, Sunrises, and the Stars.  I am thankful that God created those things for everyone to enjoy and that it gives me opportunities to see His beauty and experience Him in a different way.

#8  Laughter and joy.  I'm thankful for the ability to laugh and experience true God given joy.  I'm thankful for those that assist in bringing both of these to my life

#9.  Vision.  I'm thankful for the ability to see, lately this has become ever so much more important to me


#10  Peace.  I'm thankful that He has given me peace that surpasses all understanding about my life and my future and that I don't have to fear because He has everything under control.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"  -Phil 4:6-8
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" -Jeremiah 29:11


#11  Technology, specifically cell phones and Skype.  I am especially thankful that I get to Skype with my brother while he's overseas in Turkey today.

#12  My apartment.  I am thankful I have a place to call my own and for the things God has blessed me with inside of it.

#13  My car.  I am thankful for a vehicle to get from place to place that is reliable.  I am especially thankful for my grandparents for helping me pay for it and that I get to owe them money instead of the bank.

#14  My dog.  I am thankful for a happy and furry face to come home to, especially after a long day.


#15 I'm thankful for this promise  

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart" -Psalm 37:4


#16  For this promise 
 "The Lord will fight for you; you only need to be still" -Exodus 14:14

#17  And also for this promise 
 "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it" -Isaiah 30:21-22

#18  Deep talks with Laura and Jessie, two of my sweetest and best friends.  I love you both!



#19  The color purple

#20  The night this was taken

#21  New Life Bible Camp.  My most favorite place in the whole world.


#22  Katie Covert.  Without her counsel and without her pouring into my life, I'm not sure I would be the same person I am today.  I am  also thankful for Kristen LeMaster.  She was put into my life at just the perfect time with the best words of wisdom, I'm so blessed to have her to help me in this chapter of my life.

#23  The days I get to sleep in, coffee and time to spend with Jesus

#24  These two.  The one in the middle is like my little sister and the one on the left I get to have a Bible study and love on at least one day a week.  So thankful.

#25  Starbucks, coffee shop dates, and pumpkin spice lattes

#26  Sweet tea, college got me hooked and I don't mind

#27  For this butterfly.  God's promise and love came to me in the form of a butterfly and a soft whisper when I needed it the most. Now it just serves as a simple reminder that He's there and that He loves me, no matter how much I mess up.  

#28  Spring time flowers, autumn leaves and snow covered hills

#29  For the ability to graduate from a 4 year school, the opportunity to meet people who would impact my life forever, and the fact that I was able to graduate debt free.


#30  Love.



My life is so fully blessed and no matter what comes my way, I am so thankful for everything He has given me.  What are you thankful for?



 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! -Psalm 107:1






No comments:

Post a Comment