Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Revelations Part Two

Christmas is so different this year. For one there have been so many changes in my own life: new friends, new opportunities and a new living situation. A year ago, never would I have imagined my life being like it is right now. God has closed many doors and is opening up new ones even as I write this. Besides those things, 6 months ago my dad lost his job and my brother has been away doing study abroad in Turkey. For the longest time it didn't feel like Christmas at all. In fact, I wondered if we were just going to "skip" Christmas entirely with my dad being out of work and my brother overseas. I figured we would "just have Christmas" when my brother was home.

All of these changes have helped me to experience something just a little different than I've ever experienced on Christmas in the past. Instead of things being stressful and busy, the entire day has been relaxing and easy going. Instead of fussing about presents, we had an early dinner and focused on each other. All afternoon we have spent time with family friends....and I feel so blessed. 

Although lights, gifts, trees, tinsel and the Christmas spirit are nice and all...there are things way more important. This Christmas has really helped me to focus on what's really important: family, friends, and the birth of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for the opportunity to really meditate on and remember the meaning behind it all. I am so glad God has orchestrated life events in such a way to allow me to embrace the gifts He has given me. Especially in such a different way....and especially at this time of year.

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" -Isaiah 9:6

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel" -Isaiah 7:14

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins” -Matthew 1:21

God is good. Merry Christmas, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment